Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Alabama Heat

Hello there!
My name is Niamh O’ Neill and I’m from Belfast, I am interning in Greenwood Lake this summer for six weeks at the Waterstone Inn with the Mulcahy family! Before I arrived here I spent one week in Tuscaloosa, Alabama with Habitat for Humanity and the other interns doing repairs on houses and rebuilding homes that were affected by the tornado. It was hard work in the heat and coming from Ireland I’m not used to this type of heat at all! But overall it was great fun and a very rewarding experience when handing over the house to its owner at the end of the week.  Below, you can see a picture of the whole crew down in Alabama! Now I'm back at the lake and ready to work, come say hello if you see me around the lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment