Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sounds of Summer

If you arrive at the Inn and park in the lot behind the house don't be alarmed if you hear "someone" whistling at you, it's just the resident parrot next door. He's been known to whistle at people getting out of their cars, but is mostly fondly remembered for the way he whistles the tune to the Andy Griffith Show. It's truly priceless to hear. I love opening the windows to the kitchen and listening to him sing away while I cook breakfast for guests. I've even overheard a "meow'ing" contest with a passerby cat. I think the cat was more surprised than I was. That's one talented bird. Maybe he'll get picked up as an extra on Rob Reiner's Summer at Dog Dave's, the movie that's filming in Greenwood Lake this summer.

I missed the parrot over the winter when he hibernates inside or perhaps goes to Florida with his owners. I'm happy he's back to his summer perch on the screened in porch of the neighbor's house. When I hear the familiar Andy Griffith theme song I know summer has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment