Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hooray for Local Produce



As a family business with a vested interest in Greenwood Lake, at the Waterstone Inn we're trying our best to support local merchants. The thing I love the most about Greenwood Lake is that we don't have any big box stores or shopping malls. We're a community of small businesses that are here because we love what we do and offer unique products or services. As the menu planner and cook at the Inn I was thilled when a produce market opened right on our main street. Reminicent of the markets that I miss so much down on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, (where our old apartment is) Monica's Fruit and Vegetables is exactly the type of business we needed here in Greenwood Lake. With no chain grocery store in town, if last minute guests checked in I'd have to haul over to Warwick or West Milford just to pick up fresh fruit and vegtables. Now, at a moment's notice I can head into Monica's and let her pick of the day be tomorrow morning's special. The fresh herbs are fabulous. My cheddar, chive and scallion omlette special was a big hit. ~Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment