Thursday, July 19, 2012

The bright lights of the city!




I spent a few days in the city last week which was amazing to see! NYC at night is stunning-between the brightness of the lights and the sheer size of the buildings it seemed quite surreal walking around. My first experience there was helping with the food kitchen at the Aishling Centre in the Bronx. The volunteering work that they do is admirable and they help out so many people, it was great to be able to participate. I also got to help at an event on Stone St. and on the weekend I met up with some other interns and hung around Times Square. By chance I got to go see a Yankees game-what a stadium and the atmosphere was great fun! After getting dazed by the lights I am back settling into Greenwood Lake this week and enjoying the tranquility that it brings (that doesn’t include the thunder and lightning storms) and look forward to a weekend looking at the stars rather than the signs :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment